By arrangement with FuelRCA, the Imperial College Careers Advisory service and library is available to all Royal College of Art students and to AlumniRCA members in the first 3 years after graduation. This extensive service is mostly free and includes:
- CV, Job Application and Interview Seminars that are run throughout the Autumn and Spring terms
- Lunchtime Careers Talks, usually Tuesday & Thursdays 13:00 - 13:50
- Employer Led Skills Workshops including role-play. October – February, usually Wednesdays 13:15 – 15:30
- An information room where you can comfortably research books, periodicals and advice leaflets
- Comprehensive on-line careers resources at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/careers
- One-to-one advice from Imperial's (ex art college) careers advisor, through 40 minute appointments.
- Please note: Careers advice appoitments are free to current RCA students and to RCA alumni during the first 6 months after graduation.
- RCA alumni who have graduated more than 6 months previously will be charged a substantially discounted fee of £20 per appointment. Important: payment is by cash only on arrival (no cards or cheques). All no-shows and cancellations within 48 hours of your appointment with Imperial College will be charged at £ 20. No exceptions. Bookings can be made by telephone or email
WHAT TO DO NEXT
1. If you want to access the secure (and interesting!) areas of the Imperial Careers website you must first register at www3.imperial.ac.uk/careers and complete an application form. The log-in area for RCA students and AlumniRCA is top right on the home page.
2. Once you've registered to access the Imperial Careers website, you can also sign up for JobsLive which allows you to book for Imperial Careers events, view online job vacancies etc.
3. The Imperial Careers service is open all year round, not just in term time, but please do phone ahead if you are visiting during the summer as we are occasionally closed for training days at this time. There is no need to book if you just wish to visit the Careers Library, but you must show your RCA Library Card or AlumniRCA membership card to staff on arrival
Imperial Careers Advisory Service
Imperial College London
Level 5, Sherfield Building
South Kensington Campus
London, SW7 2AZ
(see on map)