This is a recording of Get organised! which took place on 17 October 2011.
Time management guru Mark McGuinness, who specialises in helping artists, writers and other creative professionals cope with juggling priorities and organising their lives, came to see us before his very popular talk at the Royal College of Art to tell us some of his thoughts on how to get organised and take control of your time.
Topics covered in the video include:
- Why time management matters to creative people (even if they don’t like to admit it!)
- How to manage a portfolio creative career, juggling multiple creative projects at at time
- Why Mark uses a post-it note for his daily to-do list
- How to avoid constantly checking email on your phone (without relying on willpower)
- How to prioritize between creative ideas, deadlines and things that pay the bills
- Where time management shades into big picture career decisions
If you enjoy this video, look out for more words of wisdom on Mark's website, where you can download his free e-book on time management for creative people.
Download the Get Organised! Fuel Note